Dress and jacket

Posted by keepeminstitches (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 17, 05 at 20:09

Here's a dress and jacket I made.

Image link: Dress and jacket (45 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dress and jacket

Oh, the outfit is great, looks "store bought" :) must be a wool blend, that sews so great, rene

o

Thanks for your kind words, Rene. Didja see the details of the jacket on the second post? It's machine embroidered with beads hand attached. Also made slacks to match. Material was from Joanne's (not expensive), but I don't remember the fiber content. Must have poly in it cuz it washes up beautifully. I should burn a piece and see if I can identify it.

Mary

o

I like this jacket. What pattern did you use?

o

It's Simplicity #5451, called Easy Chic. Jacket has a mandarin collar, short or long sleeves, is lined. Dress has princess seams with a slit in one seam from hem to mid-thigh. I embellished the jacket with machine embroidery and hand beading. I used a purchased frog to hold the jacket closed right below the collar.

o
RE: Pattern for Jacket

It's Simplicity #5451, called Easy Chic. Jacket has a mandarin collar, short or long sleeves, is lined. Dress has princess seams with a slit in one seam from hem to mid-thigh. I embellished the jacket with machine embroidery and hand beading. I used a purchased frog to hold the jacket closed right below the collar.

o

oooh I love that! I'm so glad you posted the pattern number *SMILE* I'm going to have to make a few of those. They're lovely and so classy looking!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here