Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Cricut machine to keep?

Posted by azmom (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 22, 09 at 14:06

My daughter received two Cricut machines as gifts. A small Personal Electronic Cutter with one cartridge and a regular 24" Cricut Expression machine with two cartridges. She does light amount of crafts and has an upcoming wedding next year. She asked me which machine she should keep - each machine comes with a gift receipt so they are returnable.

Since I know nothing about scrapbook, paper cutting and crafts, I think it is best to get advice from this forum. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Cricut machine to keep?

I think if she begins to like it she will want the larger one. If she wants to make something 24" tall she can with the large one and it can be 12" wide or 12" tall either way with the larger one. She can also cut multi times on the large one and put a quantity in. The large one has more functions and since she is doing a wedding she will probably need the larger one. Cartridges can be expensive and she probably got 2 good ones with the larger one. The best place ito buy cartridges right now is Ebay under scrapbooking then cricut cartridges,,,or on a site called customcrops.com. They have good prices. Micheals and Hobby Lobby charge 89.00 per one where these places you can get one as low as 20.00 - 35.00 and they have a really neat wedding one that just came out. Hope this helps you some.

o
RE: Which Cricut machine to keep?

Definitely keep the Expression and return the Personal. I can't tell you how many times I see ads in Craig's List for people selling their Personal bug because they've just upgraded. OhMyCrafts is another site where you can get cartridges and supplies at decent prices. (altho I still do buy from Michael's or JoAnn's when they have sales).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here