Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why 12X12 ?

Posted by mazer (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 3, 06 at 1:22

I have yet to start scrapbooking. I have collected paper items from all of my travels, and have photos etc. I have looked at scrapbook material and have noticed most all of the paper is in 12X12. Why is this? Why not 8X10? If you scrapbook, do you use 12X12 and do you like it, or do you cut down the paper you use to 8X10? Also what kind of organizer do you put your paper in IE: Do you have special scrapbooks or do you use binders or what? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why 12X12 ?

I use 12x12. I dont care for 8x10 because by the time you add embellishments, thre really isnt alot of room for your photos. It's hard to even get 2 photos side by side with only 8".

I store my paper in Cropper Hopper paper organizers. They're sturdy and they have a few different options of organizers to choose from. They have really good products.

o

Great, just what I wanted to know. Thank you. Im off to learn more...cropper hopper...hmmmm

o

You're welcome.

I use these (link below) but check out their website, they have a variety of different ones. They have great products.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cropper Hopper

o

I scrap in all sizes and they all have their pros and cons. I prefer 8.5 x 11 the most but can get more pictures in a 12 x 12 format. I use that for vacation albums most of the time.
Sue

o

I have always used 12x12 because you can get more pics on a page, but lately I must admit I have been thinking of changing to 8.5x 11. The larger albums are so big and heavy when you get them full...they are really kinda hard to hold and look at. I haven't decided.

o

I used 8x11 for my kids books but now am thinking about 12x12 because you can fit more pics on a page. Most pics come 4x6 and sometimes you don't want to crop the pic down, so you use 4 pages for one birthday party instead on one. I used to use 3x5 pics but most places only offer 4x6.

I am always thinking of cost and would rather put my money in the book rather than storage/supplies. I would suggest an expando folder for paper. Not sure if you can store 12x12 though?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here