Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
burying a angel

Posted by
Ilene
(pipess@missouri.edu) on
Sun, Nov 4, 01 at 23:15

I know this is'nt where i should be but i could'nt find what i really wanted this may be kind of long.My mother passed away 3 weeks ago Tuesday and i have her check book to pay the bills when she was in the hospital she had sger in january and they found she had cancer but they told us that they got all fo it she keept on telling the doctors for 3 years that when she went to the bath room that there was blood and then they just bushed it off because she was old.
And they did'nt think she did'nt now what she was talking about and she had a good mind up to when she died.And then she had this last operation and they found cancer all in her she did'nt last too long but then again this summer she was complaning about some things and they would'nt listin to her again if the would have done some x rays she might not have had any of the cancers. But in her billfold she had some cash and i but it aside and i told my husband that i just can't speend the money and he said to buy something that rminds me of her. And talk to my brothers and sisters and said that i was always there for her they all live out of state and i should have it and this other woman which is a dear find of mine before mom passed away. She was my mom's care giver. and mom was 84. Any way she said way not get a angel she liked them. So now what i need to know is where can i get one but it has to be a special one and one that i think that will really remind me of her. If anyone has any ideals please let me now.
Thanks for listin.

Ilene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: burying a angel

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.

Why don't you hold onto the money for a while? When you find the right angel you'll know.

o

Dear Ilene,

I am very sorry to hear about your mother and know how sad and difficult it must be for you. I also recently lost my mother and my mother in law. I think that your mother would have wanted you to have any money that she had remaining, and if you need it for something or simply want to spend it on yourself, I think she would like that.

My mother also liked angels. If you want to, pick out a pretty one that you think she would have liked. You can use it to think of her and have it to remind you of her when you look at it. I have an angel that I put outside in the garden (my mother loved gardening) in a sort of peaceful spot. When I look at it, I think of my mother and it is comforting because it is in such a quiet spot.

Robin

o

IIlene,

Im so sorry to hear about your Mother.When my best friends Mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer . Someone bought her a Seraphin angel I believe it was called the hope angel in honor of cancer victims it was beautiful
and really meant a lot to her and her family

o

Dear llene,
I am SO SORRY to hear of the loss of your mother! I know how you cherished her, and how much she meant to you.... I can remember when she was in the hospital with I believe a leg injury, and you went to see her often. As for an angel, why not spend your money on a good album, and the scrapbook supplies with angels on them, there are lots of paper, stickers and other scrapbook items with angel themes, and do an album in her memory, telling all the stories and happy times you spent with her? It will be cherished for years by you and your family. Love and heartfelt understanding, Penny P.s Sue her doctors!

o

Thanks every one for the help to what to get with the money that mom had in her billfold when she died.
Yes Penney you were right how can you remmber that it was a couple of years ago .And i did go see her alot. And when she got out and went hoime and we would go see her and i think that i should be going over to see her when i get off from work. It will be a month this friday since she died we are going on Sat.and put some flowers on her grave. and i do miss her a lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here