Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to scrapbooking... what do I start with...

Posted by
maggie j
(squankey@hotmail.com) on
Wed, Nov 14, 01 at 13:30

WEll, I'm not really new, but my sil is new to this, and she came to me for ideas on what to start out with, without spending an arm and a leg. I suggested a binder, sheet protectors, a few papers (not too many till she decides for sure what type she likes to use, like I prefer plain colored, or ones with patterns vs. theme paper, which is hard to design around that one picture in the corner...know what I mean) acid free pens/markers, glue, and a paper cutter. These are my most used items. Is there anything else out there you can suggest she buy that is a "can't live without" item?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to scrapbooking... what do I start with...

I would suggest at least one corner rounder, and border punch, to add the decorative touches to many pages. Go with a neutral theme, like flowers, bow, scroll, Love Penny

o
RE: New to scrapbooking... what do I start with...

I would suggest looking at Michael's or perhaps even the Dollar Tree or a shop that has craft items and look for scissor that cut different designs. You can border your pictures or have the decorative cut out paper(prints, strips, flowers, gold, silver , solds, to just simply trim your pages. I was thrilled to find some at my local Dollar Tree and also I saw some in my local Big Lots.
~Lynn~

o
RE:* New to scrapbooking... what do I start with...

Should have added this before go to this website
Diynet.com
This is the Do It yourself cable network that is owned
also by the folks that have the Home and Garden station
Put in the address above. Look to the left when you get to the site. Put in the rectagular search box the word
scrapbooking and then click on the large arrow that points to the rectangular box to find numerous projects and articles that you can click on to find out about scrapbooking.
This information comes from a show on DIY everyweek that is about Scrapbooks! I would copy the articles off for future reference so you can look all the information you like over the project material you are interested in when you like
Good Luck!
~Lynn~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here