Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ultrasound pictures

Posted by
Tracy
(tboyce@twcny.rr.com) on
Fri, Nov 16, 01 at 13:16

Hi everyone. I have a question about my ultrasound pictures. I want to keep them in my scrapbook, but I know that they will fade in a few years. Do you think it would be ok to just photocopy them onto acid free paper, or would I have to scan them in and then print them off??? Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks

Oh and I also printed off a lot of my baby pictures onto photo paper. Should I do something to them to ensure the picture quality?? I heard that there is some sort of spray to use, what is that??? Thanks
Tracy :o)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ultrasound pictures

My mother gave me the ultrasound pictures from before I was born, that was 22 years ago and they're still fine. They haven't faded a bit. But I do remember seeing some spray that you can use to protect them.

o

I think each lab prints ultrasound photos differently. We have ultrasounds of my youngest brother and sister from '79 and '81 that are polaroids. I've seen some more recent ultrasounds that are printed on strips of paper. I had an ultrasound performed about 3 weeks ago and the lab gave me something that looks like a photo negative. We ran the video on the tv and took pictures of the tv so we'd have a real photo.

If you have the option of scanning in the picture and getting it developed as a regular photo, I'd go with that.

I'm not sure how to protect your childhood photos. You may want to post that as a seperate question.

o

Thanks for the suggestions... I did scan it my ultrasound and it is now on photo paper, it actually looks better!

Thanks
Tracy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here