SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladybugtwin

First Time Scrapbooker - Need Help!

Ladybugtwin
22 years ago

After years of collecting materials for scrapbooking. I am finally starting a scrapbook. I want to make a "Me and My Family" scrapbook for my niece. To start with I have pictures of her with each of her great-aunts and great-uncles. My problem is some of the pictures of her with her aunts and uncles have a very dark background. In fact, in some of the pictures, the aunts with dark hair kinda of blend into the background. (Do I want to crop around that and cut out the background completely?) I've cut the pictures into squares, circles and ovals, but I am at a loss as what to do with the background. Should I put them on colored paper, leave the page white or mat the pictures? Since they are dark backgrounds do I use dark paper. Most of them are wearing dark clothing since it was in the winter.

Pictures of her other great-aunts and great-uncles were taken outside in the summer time. Can some of these be combined on the same page with the others with dark backgrounds?

Eventually her entire book will include other members of her family, but right now I am stumped as to what to do. Are there any sites showing this type of album?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH