Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where are all the scrapbookers?

Posted by Gwen213 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 23, 02 at 23:24

Where is everyone? There doesn't seem to be anyone posting here. What pages is everyone working on? I have been working on a fall page, with my grandson dressed in his costume laying ontop of a pile of leaves. It's wonderful. Great colors this fall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where are all the scrapbookers?

Hi Gwen, nice to meet you!

I check this site every few days; I kept hoping more people will show up.

Right now Im scrapping several things at once. I graduated from high school in 1974, and we had our first reunion in 1979. Im 99% finished with the graduation pages and Im now scrapping the 1979 reunion. Its such a hoot looking at the photos; we're all wearing bell bottoms, or peasant dresses, our hair is long and straight, the cars are cool, and we all look so happy and THIN!

Our reunion was a picnic and day at the lake so I chose a background paper that screamed "the '70s!" It's a muted, blended avocado green with hundreds of little white daisies sprinkled over it. They are about -inch across and have an orange center. Each photo is double matted, first with 1/8-inch mats of sunny yellow and then -inch paper that looks like a red-checked tablecloth before being put on the daisy paper.

I was doubtful about my choice at first, but it does scream "70s" and "picnic" and "party" and "fun."

Im also slowly working on two Air Force albums, one for my career, and one for DHs, and a family heritage album that will hold all my grandmothers photos, and the photos of her children and their families. Then I have a nephew and two nieces that will have their own albums, too; and my gardening album, and, and, and! Ill be busy for the next 25 years!

o

Hi Gwen and Caroline. I'm usually haunting the Garden Party, but decided I should branch out into other forums. I'm very sporadic about visiting any of the forums, but when I'm here, I'm here a LOT!

I seem to scrap for gifts a lot. When my niece got married (4, count 'em FOUR years ago tomorrow), she asked for a photo album like I did for my mom. I gave her the album (book) -- empty. She never asked for photos. I offered her the photos in photo page protectors, but she'd seen ONE page I did for another scrapbook, and she wants me to scrapbook her entire wedding. You have to understand, I took something like 15 rolls of film!!!

I've been half-heartedly working on it, hoping to finish for Christmas, but it won't happen. So I'm shooting for their 5th anniversary instead. BTW, it was a 'normal' wedding with a great Halloween reception and dance.

My current major project is a calendar for my mom for Christmas. Our LSS has a contest every month where they offer 10 pkgs of 4-5 pieces of paper and a theme. You pick up the pkg on the 1st, add anything except more paper, and return it on the 10th. It hangs in their store all month, customers vote for their favorites, and the most votes gets a $20 gift certificate to the store.

I've entered five months, and won twice, and of course October isn't over yet! =) I've designed the pages to fit the store's theme, with a picture of the people in our family who have a birthday or anniversary in that month. On the calendar pages, I'm going to fill in everybody's birthdays and anniversaries. I know she'll love it. Can't wait to get them all done.

o

Hi Ya'll, I check in here often. I would love to see the board used more often. I would love to even see an exchange forum for the Scrapbooking forum. I have lots to trade and am currently adding pics to my website.

At this time, I am almost finished with the huge scrapbook (about 300 pages!) covering my son's life. He'll graduate from high school in May and I plan to present this album to him. All these years, I've gotten double prints of all our pictures. So I've already done one album of him for me to keep. This other one will be his own to pass down to his kids one day.

Then I'll be scrappin all the gardening pics I've taken this year. This little project could very well take me a year! I go crazy with the digicam out in the gardens. Snap, Snap, Snap, click, click, click. I chase hummingbird moths and butterflies thru the gardens, hot on their tails with my digicam. I even photographed snakes and spiders. My fascination with nature is amazing if you consider that I always hated science. LOL

During Thanksgiving weekend, I'm travelling down to Louisiana to visit a Gardenweb friend I met 2 yrs ago. She is also a scrapper. And her neighbor, whom I met when I visited 2 yrs ago, is a scrapping consultant. They are both eager for me to come and crop with them. That ought to be fun! And of course, I'm taking my digicam so I can snap more pics to crop! LOL

Casper

o

Everyone has so many great ideas for scraping. I just went to a 12 hour "Crop till you drop" it was a blast. A person can get so many neet ideas from attending one of these, its amazing what people do with their albums. I love to scrapbook. I'm working on an album for myself right now. I have three Grandchild books on the go also.
Gwen

o

Hello! Well, I am in Tennessee! Okay, I know really what you meant! I am knew to the scrapbooker forum. I mostly visited Crafts and computer crafts. I also just found Paper Arts. I am totally new to Scrapbooking, my photos albums are all just pictures! At least I have some organized to start with. The remaining pics are all in one big box waiting. :)

Looking forward to getting lots of hints on getting started!
Rhonda

o

Hi Rhonda!
You are going to love scrapbooking. I would sujest if you are just starting to attend a "crop till you drop" there you will learn great ideas from others. There are also several great web sites to get ideas from. There are also a couple of magazines that are loaded with great ideas. Good Luck.
Gwen

o

Good advice! Thanks Gwen! I have so enjoyed reading all the previous posts. what great ideas and sites to explore!
Rhonda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here