Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with baby cards and announcements

Posted by
Elaine
(elainegl@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Oct 24, 01 at 22:27

I'm curious what people do with the baby announcements they receive from their friends. Some of them are so cute I hate to throw them away.

Also, I'm pregnant and just had my first baby shower. What should I do with the cute shower cards I got?

As far as all that goes, what do you do with your Christmas cards each year?

Thanks,
Elaine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with baby cards and announcements

Dear Elaine,
You have several options:
1. Make a scrapbook page that has a pocket or flap at the bottom of the page to hold the cards.
2. Test the cards for acid and if they test negative you can cut them up and use the pretty images for die cuts on pages.
3. Spray the cards with archival mist if they are acidic, after testing them with an acid pen, and then use them. I have found that the price of the card is not always a good indicator of acid content. I have found acid free cards priced really low, and high, so testing them is the safest way. Love Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here