Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
coloring black and whit e photos

Posted by
viki
(toria416@aol.com) on
Tue, Oct 30, 01 at 21:34

Can anyone give me any tips on tinting black and white photos.I never have any luck.
Thanks
Viki

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: coloring black and whit e photos

you cant go wrong with the photo twins coloring pens. they are awesome i used them on my wedding photos we had a roll of black and white pics done just so that i could use the photo twins pens they are just like coloring with markers.

o

the photo twin markers are the ones i used and they turned my daughters skin yellowand the blue didn't show up at all............is it the photo finish? I had copies made of a color photo.Should i use the regualar black and white film? Should i get the matte finish vs the glossy?
Thanks

o

YES use black and white film and although you can use glossy ones matte is much better they make some spray stuff that you can spray on glossy photos to make em matte but it is expensive. What happened with your photos was the fact that you had black and white copies made from color film and the films color pigments were coming thru still. Try black and white film you will love the results. I noticed though it is best to leave the skin tone alone it never looks right :)and dont try to color everything just one or two thing in the picture when i did my wedding pics i only colored in my bouquet.

o

I have some I did 15 years ago in collage that still look great. I just used highlighters (blue and pink) and sharpies (red and black). This was pre- acid free, of course. But they worked great. Little did I know it would become a big business.

o

Thanks for all the tips guys

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here