Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
scrapbooking help needed

Posted by
Denise
(dthebeau10@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Oct 30, 01 at 20:02

Hi,

I want to make scrapbooks for my sisters, and would like to make the actual book too. What would you experts suggest for the cover?? Any ideas would be great. What kind of paper?? or cardboard?

Thanks

Denise

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: scrapbooking help needed

Denise,

I've never covered any of my books, but i know my local SB store sells material for covers. Such as a leopard skin and some furs.I would think you could cover it with any kind of material. A nice lavender satin would be pretty for a sister maybe pearls or beads glued on....... Just a idea
Viki

o

Here is one website that had a photo album covered with fabric that of course you could also use to cover a scrapbook.
Address: http://www.pioneerthinking.com/chphotoalbum.html

Below is a link to a website that had a fabric covered address book that I would think could easily be used for a scrapbook. Not sure these are what you wanted.
~Lynn~

Here is a link that might be useful: Instructions /Victorian Book Cover

o

Okay here is a cheaper suggestion:
Go buy a 3 ring binder with a plastic clear cover where you can insert paper into the spline, front and back. Then you can find SB paper ( you'll have to use 12 x 12 paper cut to size for the covers as 8.5 x 11 paper is too small) to match her favorite color, subject, etc... I have done this with SEVERAL cookbooks, and on the spline, I have used alphabet stickers to spell their name, (ie - David's cookbook)
on a matching piece of paper decorated with stickers, and then decorated the front and back cover just like a scrapbook page. It looks best if the same color paper is used as a background for all three sides. I have made several of these for cookbooks and albums and love them more each time I make one. Yours could perhaps say "Sisters are Forever Best Friends" on the front or back. The "D" ring style works best and if you have a large amount of pages get at least a 3 inch one. This will not work though if you scrap in a 12 x 12 size format. You will pay approx. $6.00 for the album which is a great saving compared to many overpriced albums, leaving you more dollars for scraping. Love Penny

o

thanks for all the help! Lots of ideas!

o

great idea look4angel. Very Clever

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here