Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me! I feel like an idiot!

Posted by
nicksmum
(nicksmum22@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Oct 31, 01 at 11:30

I am new to scrapbooking and became hooked after a friend took me to a crop at her favorite store. Anyway, at the crop, I purchased a 8 1/2 x 11 album, which was fine. Now, as I've taken some more classes, I've decided I wanted to work in a 12 x12 album. At the classes, I've competed pages on 12 x 12 cardstock, but when I purchased an album at the local craftstore, I can't seem to get these pages to fit quite right. Am I doing something wrong or are the pages not always exactly 12 x 12? Are some brands better than others? What the heck is the matter with me?! Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me! I feel like an idiot!

they're not always exactly 12 x 12...and there is a top and bottom...make sure you aren't getting them in sideways. If you do, they are a little too short and you have to trim a little off the sides in order for them to fit. I usually keep one sheet for a pattern and have the top marked...then I hold the sheet up to it to make sure I'm not getting it sideways...it's very frustrating to get the pictures all on a page and everything fastened down just to find out that it is all done sideways...been there, done that

o

I use the 8 1/2x11 and have had the same problem. I don't like to redo my masterpieces so usually I end up trimming a little bit of the edges of my paper.

o

Thank you for your responses. I was in another scrapbooking store today and asked the owner about it. Turns out she sells the brand I have and when we took the page out to measure it, it was not quite 12x12 (so actually I am an idiot, becuase it did not occur to me to measure!) anyway, I am going to try to take it back--i don't have my receipt but the price tag is still on it. hopefully, crafts n stuff will understand.

o

The pages that you have already completed on the 8 1/2 x 11 can easily be added to your 12 x 12 album by just mounting the whole completed 8.5 x 11 page onto a new 12 x 12 matching page, and adding a border or title to make up the difference. I know lots of scrappers who often buy 8.5 x 11 pages for their 12 x 12 albums because there are so many more differnt pages available in the 8 .5 x 11 size than their are in 12 x 12. Love Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here