Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help

Posted by
jenicho
(jenicho@pacbell.net) on
Sun, Oct 7, 01 at 2:34

I just bought supplies from a CM consultant. I have never done a scrapbook before. I am now wondering whether I invested too much into this brand of scrapbooking w/o doing much research. Any advise?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help

How much did you spend? Getting started in scrapbooking "is" rather expensive...you probably didn't spend too much if you are really going to stick with it...
If you are just mildly interested and might not use the supplies after you get them...you probably spent too much...ha

o

CM is expensive which is why i no longer use it and they push you to use just their products and there is just too much good stuff out there to just use cm stuff. but they do have the best albums out

o

I was a CM consultant for a very short time so I know what the difference in price/quality is. Yes, they are slightly higher than other products out there. I think the main difference in their products versus others is that all of their paper products are not only acid free but also lignin free. When preserving your photos and memories it is vital that you use products that are both acid and lignin free. Otherwise, your photos will turn yellow and fade over time. Maybe not in your lifetime but in your children's lifetimes. If you wanted to use other company's products, I would stick to the items like scissors and punches. As for the paper and the albums you use, I would go for the CM products because they are safer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here