Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
magnetic pages

Posted by Alice_sj (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 01 at 0:54

Are the pages in a new magnet photo album acid free? I can't find anything on them that says they are. It's an Album from Halmark. Are these kinds of albums safe for pictures?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: magnetic pages

Alice, magnetic pages are VERY bad for your photos. (If something doesn't say it is acid free, assume it is not.) Also, the glue in magnetic albums is harmful to pictures. If you feel you must use the album because it was a gift or something, I would suggest you get color copies of your photos and put them in there or use duplicate photos or photos you don't care about. After a few years your photos will be ruined in a magnetic album.

o

You can always throw out the magnetic pages and use page protectors. That is what I do. I like the albums that the magnetic pages come in, because the albums are so big, and hold a LOT of pages. I just throw out the magnetic pages, and use page protectors.

o

Morgan_Mom,
Where could I find page protectors or other safe pages? I like the albums for the same reasons, but I don't want to go ruining my wedding and one-of-a-kind photos! Thank you for your help.

o

You can buy page protectors at Michaels.
I buy them in boxes of 50.
Then you just take the pages you have made, and slide them right in the protectors.
Hope that helps.

o

You can also find page protectors at most Walmart stores. Just look for ones that say Archivial safe. Love Penny

o

We have had several photos ruined by magnetic pages, and they were old photos, too. We too buy the magnetic albums for the binders and give the magnetic pages to my younger brothers and sisters for the things they will only want to keep for a short time, like pictures in old magazines that they want and things they have done in school and want to keep for a while but not long term. But we never put photos in them anymore.
~Anika~

o

At Wally World they have magnetic pages that are acid free. Are they safe?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here