Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I apply eyelets?

Posted by Caroline (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 02 at 13:48

I need some help from you artistic and creative people. I want to try something new on one of my pages; I want to use eyelets to attach name tags above several school pictures. I bought 1/8 inch gold eyelets, a hole punch, and a setting tool. Nowhow do I use them?

I want a gold name tag, about inch by 2 inches, above each picture. The pictures will be attached to the red background paper which will be attached to the CM page.

Where and how do I punch the holes and put all these elements together? Do I punch through the name tag; the background, and the album page?

Thanks so much for any enlightenment you can give me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I apply eyelets?

hi caroline, you don't have to punch through your page, you can simply put the eyelet on the tag...first, you punch through the tag, turn the tag over, and place the eyelet through the hole, so that the hollow end is sticking up through the paper, take your eyelet setter and place it in the hole of the eyelet, and hit the end of the setter with a hammer, gently. this should "set" your eyelet by bending the tube part down. you can then attach the tag with any adhesive you choose, you can run wire, ribbon, hemp, string, yarn, whatever you choose through the hole to give it a finished look, but it will be easier to that before you attach the tag on the page. hope this helps!! make sure you use a mat under your tag when you are setting your eyelet! also, setting eyelets is much easier on a wooden table versus a plastic table, the kitchen counter works great! again, use a mat, like a self healing mat.

o
RE: How do I apply eyelets?

Thanks a lot for the pointer. I just started with eyelets last night. You're a God send.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here