Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perforating Wheel

Posted by
Carole
(acctpayct@mattoon.k12.il.us) on
Tue, Sep 18, 01 at 11:47

We received a homemade wedding invitation that had a perforated line at the bottom so that portion could be returned as a the RSVP. They told us it was called a perforating wheel, something like a tracing wheel. I would like to find one. Does anyone know where I might find one of these. I have tried Hobby Lobby and Joann Fabric websites but they didn't list them. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perforating Wheel

Fiskars makes a perforating blade for their 12" and rotary paper cutters. Try AC Moore or Michael's or even Walmart.

HTH!

Diana

o

Gee, I use to do the same thing years ago, using my sewing machine and a big needle and no thread. I use to make notepads that were perforated. It really works well. Try it. Mary Ann

o

You can find these in varying sizes at art stores. They are called "pounce" wheels in our area of PA. Also, before I found the pounce wheels, I used the little wheel that people used in sewing -- you know, where you put the white paper between the pattern and the material and then ran this wheel around to make a cutting line.

Gosh, I hope you have an idea what I am talking about!!!

o

I found my at Michaels...it was in the area with scrapebooks and stamping area...it is the fiscars cutter that the part that cuts is round wheel...the peforation was under it you have to buy it seperate...you take off the regular wheel and put that on... I was looking for something entirely diffrent for months and happened to stumble across it...I probably passed it a million times when I was looking for it...I had imagined it looking different.
deb

o

here is the fiskars site that shows what it looks like..
hope this helps.
deb

Here is a link that might be useful: fiskars site

o

Michael's did not have it, but Hancock fabrics did. In that arena it is called a Tracing Tool; $6.41 total!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here