Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OMG!!! I found you guys!!!

Posted by GardenGhost (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 5, 02 at 20:54

I didn't even know this forum was here until this very minute! I posted a message at the Garden Party hunting for scrappers, and someone directed me here! Oh JOY!! I'm deliriously happy now! Oh, I'm so thrilled to find some fellow scrappers! Can I join in the fun here?? Pleeeeeease???

I have been scrappin for about two years, but only in the winters. The other nine months of the year, I garden fanatically. I've scrapbooked almost all my photos and I've done a book for my brother and my sister. I'm currently (in the winter) working on a scrapbook for my son who graduates in May. Any ideas for it will be appreciated.

I have tons of papers and stickers and stuff if anyone might like to do some chatting and trading.

Wow! I can't believe I found you guys! Ya'll shoulda put out an APB on me so I coulda found ya sooner! (Laughing deliriously!)

Casper

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OMG!!! I found you guys!!!

GG: I saw your post on The Garden Party and was hoping you would get something going over here. My Mom had black-paged scrapbooks from the 20's and 30's that were so cool. She hand-painted silver borders of Celtic-like designs around her pictures and wrote the text in Caligraphy. She had pictures of her and my Dad dating. He had a Model T. She was an avid gardener and horticulturist; in fact, they both were, and their parents. She had the foresight to photograph their homes every few years, so you could see the trees grow and the flower beds take shape. She would write more about the horticultural details, or the origin of the Latin name of a plant, than she would about the people in the photo. I want to do that someday but don't have the time or patience. Her paper of course was not acid-free, and became very brittle over the years, but the photos held up for a long time. I think my older sister still has some of them.

I guess I need advice from you experts. If I am going to try this, should I get black acid-free paper? And what kind of silver paint? What type of pen or brush? Anyone ever done this? -- Marie

o

Hey Marie~~Do you have a Michaels or a Hobby Lobby nearby? Walmart even has a scrapbooking section. And there is a wide assortment of acidfree papers, including acid free black construction paper. And there are acid free pens, like gel pens. You can get silver gel pens to do the writing on the black construction paper. But if you don't wanna limit yourself to just black, there's a whole collection of acid free papers in an assortment of colors and prints. There are acid free stamps and everything. And don't forget the acid free binders to hold all your pages. I use regular school notebooks and acid free top-loading protector sheets. That way, I can make my album as big as I want (you can get 1", 2", and 3" notebooks) and they slide right into my book shelf nice and neat. And I can use 8 1/2 x 11 pages, which are just more convenient for me.

Oh gosh, Marie, there is so much! Just go browse the scrapbook section and see what all is there. There are stickers and cutouts you can add too and embossing powder and tools and so much more. Go take a look and it's sure to get you addicted!

Just holler if you have more questions.

NancyAnn

o

Casper......glad to have you. I'm a newbie too. But I do enjoy being here.

o

Thanks so much. I'm going to start with an all black and silver sb to house the old b&w photos I have. I'm trying to go chronological to the present, and I figure I'll have 5,000 binders when I'm done!! -- Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here