Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gift idea

Posted by caryls (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 6, 06 at 13:40

I have a 10 year old, very mature great niece who has started scrapbooking. Can you suggest some good gifts, something all scrapbookers need or wish they had. thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gift idea

How about a paper cutter, scissors, embellishments, scrapbook, stickers, etc. Just go to any craft store and the ideas will come to you, BELIEVE ME!

o

I think the paper cutter is a great idea. Just make sure you get one that you can measure, not just a "cropper. I just stopped at a Dollar Tree (the dollar store where everything is $1) and they had a big variety of stuff. Also check out Hobby Lobby when they have 1/2 price sales on stickers or paper. The paper packs they have with a variety of colors would be great. If she already has the basics of cutter, paper, scissors, etc., then get her some punches; decorative corner punches would be good if she is actually scapbooking pictures. Maybe she has a pet she would like to make a scrapbook of--there are lots of stickers for that. You will have fun shopping for her and might just get hooked yourself if you haven't been doing it.

o

If you have a "Michaels" Craft store in your area, watch when they have their paper packs 1/2 off. They are cheaper there than at Hobby Lobby, other wise Hobby Lobby is the place to get 95% of scrapbooking products. Once she has a good straight edge cutter, embellishments are the best.

o

How about a gift certificate to Michael's or Hobby Lobby and then take her to those stores to shop with her? Fun!
Sue

o

Don't know if you sew, but how about a really neat tote bag to cart it all along in? One made out of an old pair of jeans would probably be a big hit. It's cool that she's into scrapbooking at a young age. Let us know what all you decided to get her. Keep up the inspirations!
Emma in PA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here