Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Organization question (newbie)

Posted by cornishgirl (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 08 at 14:51

Hi. I'm new to scrapbooking and would appreciate suggestions on the following:

1. I'm doing scrapbooks for each of my sons from birth to marriage and was wondering if, instead of doing the whole thing chronologically, I could divide it into sections, e.g. Family Holidays, Events, Growing Up, My Family (I would of course organize each section chronologically). Do you think this would work?

2. What is the best fairly inexpensive oval/circle cutter? Do I really need an elaborate machine, or is there something simpler. I saw a Fiskar's Ultra Shape Express Die Cutter -- could that be used for photographs?

Thanks. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Organization question (newbie)

I have been using Fiskar's Ultra Shape Express Die Cutter and it's not easy to use. I've slipped with the razor you'll have to rotate the cutter as the razor blade does not turn along inside the template and have damaged couple of my pictures. I'm keeping the templates and I hold the picture up on the window (lights through) to get where you want to cut out, mark with non-toxic on the back of the picture and cut out using the scissors. It takes more time but saves the hassles from damaging the pictures and myself!

By the way youll learn more and get quick answers (not many ppl come here - very slow) if you go to www.scrapbook.com.

o
RE: Organization question (newbie)

Thanks for the info. about the Shape Express. Think I'll look out for something else. Will also try the other web site.

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here