Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekend Getaways

Posted by pondscum35 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 3, 06 at 22:40

Have any of you ever gone on any Scrapbooking weekend getaways? Where do you go? How did you like them?

Happy Scrappin,
Terry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekend Getaways

Terry,

I've never gone on a weekend getaway, I've been asked to go but I can't sit that long. I'd feel like I was bothering everyone else.

Nancy

o

A couple of years ago I went to a Scrapbook Convention in Milwaukee. It was great! They had a huge crop on Friday night and many, many classes on Saturday. I chose to go to 3 classes and loved them all. They were each about 1 hour so the sitting time was short and you got to make at least 1 project in each class. There was also a nice shopping area but it was horrendously crowded.
Sue

o

I joined a group of friends for a scrapbooking weekend that we did all ourselves. We went to a beach house in the OBX, the 'Army Navy Clubhouse' in Corolla, NC. We arrived Friday evening, hauled our stuff into the house and then sang karaoke and relaxed. Saturday and part of Sunday we scrapped most of the day with breaks to walk by the ocean, get food, etc. It was totally self-paced and peaceful! We left Sunday afternoon relaxed and happy.

The homeowner was really flexible about renting during the off season, and charges a much-reduced rate that comes out to about $100/person. I'd recommend checking it out if you're interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: fun scrapping beach house

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here