Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Doing Inside of Scrapbook cards first

Posted by mzmint (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 25, 06 at 16:45

I made a beautiful scrapbook card last night, stamping and coloring etc. Then when I wrote inside--I messed it up.
I did cover it with more paper and "fixed" it but I will now decide and do the insides first. I would like more "inside of card ideas". Is this the place?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Doing Inside of Scrapbook cards first

You can buy a lot of card sentiment stamps that will make putting the 'inside' part of a card much easier. Over the years I've collected a lot of different ones. If you don't want to go that route, consider printing the sentiments from the computer and then cut them to fit the inside and use your favorite adhesive to put them inside. Sounds like you're doing a lot to get started with card making! Good for you!
Sue

o

After doing things like that a few times I made a new rule for myself - simple to complex. In other words start with the easiest thing first and then go to the next step, etc.

o

Whenever someone sends me a card, I crop out the saying that's in the inside and try and reuse it. If it's not salvageable but I like the saying I'll print it off the computer onto a textured/patterened paper and go that route.
I also use stamps quite a bit as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here