Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas/suggestions hosting party

Posted by ondrea_carina_leaf (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 07 at 15:08

I have a place with available table and chairs. I was thinking about hosting a scrapbooking party. I've never attended one. So question to everyone that has What do I need to do to make it a good one?
Questions such as.... How much notice to advertise?
Do I really need a vendor/seller type person there?
Do I need to have all those fancy die cutters?
Would two people fit on 8 ft tables?
I was thinking of doing a 24 hour scrapping. So would it be feasible for come and go type thing?
Would Friday night Saturday be better than Saturday/ Sunday?
I was thinking All day Saturday would be better than just a Friday eve. I work. Do most Scrappers work Mond-Friday?
What else?

Would providing Work table space, restrooms, coffee/tea maybe cookies be enough to have a nice party or what?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas/suggestions hosting party

I started Scrapbooking with my Sister-in-Law and then invited another friend over too. Now, we meet monthly w/ no vendor/seller person. We just share all of our supplies together = and ideas too! Also, our group has grown to about 10 people. As for the tables, we can generally fit 4 on an 8ft table... two to each side.

o

Find a couple of people interested an have them ask their friends. Ask people interested in coming over if they will bring everything they use, and hopefully you will have enough to make everyone happy. I would suggest you let people know that they should bring the scrapbooking items they are not using or dont like and have a table for swapping items.

o

I am having a few friends over for a scrapbooking party in May I have alot of scrapbooking items to share and also sale. But we usually just get together once a month at each others house and scrap our life away to usually last friday around 6 to saturday 6 We each bring a snack and drinks to share and I have a couple of drawings and maybe a game and we have a blast. And it doesn't cost much because we do it together as friends.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here