Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
photo cropping & cloning

Posted by mongoto (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 07 at 2:52

Hi, I want to crop someones head and shoulders and clone them into a family photo, anyone have any idea how I can do this and what program I need?
TIA mongoto

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: photo cropping & cloning

I think most photo editing programs will do this. I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 and it is an easy task.

You use the Edge Finder tool to cut around the subject, copy, then paste it into the picture you want. It helps to soften the edge of the item so it blends in. You can also adjust the brightness and hue of the subject so it looks more natural in the picture.

DIS (Digital Image Suite) is quite easy to use. I find it much easier to start with than some other programs.

I bought my software on eBay for about $30/with shipping. I think it is available at Staples also - and with a rebate it was nearly free. Not sure if that deal is still availble.

DIS has some great video tutorials with it - and one of the tutorials is adding a person/object to a different picture!

Here is a quick example I made for you. I cut the lighter pink flower from the first picture. I pasted it into the second picture, softened the edge slightly (to 2) so it didn't have a harsh "cut out" look. Then I added a drop shadow - as the other flowers had a shadow to them already.

It is very quick to do once you practice a little.

Let me know if this was helpful, or if you are looking for something else.
1: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here