SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannon01_gw

where do you stash your stuff?

Shannon01
17 years ago

I have the large bag from CM that holds all the stuff I need to work with. I just pull it all up, put it back when done. I also have a large tub to hold my book and other heavier stuff. I currently have it beside my formal dining set. The table is large and I can really lay things out.

The other supplies have been neatly stored in the closet below my staircase. The ceiling slopes downward so I have to slouch to get in there. I got this bookcase from a garagesale to put things on, and one of those melamine drawer units- drawers are 18deepx36widex4tall. Works great for storing 12x12 paper and extra pages.

Problem is accessability. I would love to turn dh's office into a room with two work surfaces, his&hers. But it would hog room too much and we really need to have a little sofa or futon in there in case we ever have a guest. But it would be an ideal place to be. I have a large playroom upstairs that is open to the downstairs. It has a tv, computer, ps-2, games and of course our fish- as in one single fish. I would love to have some kind of large cabinet that is say as big as a kitchen table, with either those cubes with wheels that could slide under it or the cabinet have doors and drawers on it, likd of like a shorter version of a kitchen island. When I am not using it, it would be great for games, puzzles, sewing, mini ping-pong. DH really likes the idea.

The room also has a large closet that is all shelves. All the games are stored in there for easy access. There is another closet in the hall as you enter area also. I had linens in there but the cabinets under the kids bathroom sink was empty and I have a huge closet in my bath for blankets and such. So last night I cleared out the linen closet. Now the kids can grab a towel without going down the hall. I took all my stuff from downstairs and put it in the closet. It is sooooo much easier to get to and see the stuff. And I have so much room that I can put my sewing machine in there along with my sewing supplies. Right now sewing supplies are burried in the back of downstairs closet. I actually have been wearing a pair of pants with a safety pin because it is too hard to get to the thread to sew it back on.

My birthday is a month away- May 12 to be exact. I have been talking to dh about making this room better and so maybe I will do it for my day. If not, at least the stuff is easier to get to.

Funny thing is that as I age I have become more organized. Dh teases me about how I just itch to straighten things out. So last night I did this while kids were asleep. I got up early and looked at what I had accomplished. I must say I am a wee bit proud of it all.

So what would work for you?

Here is a link that might be useful: pis of my space

Comments (16)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler