Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pics from mags

Posted by becki_in_la (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 5, 06 at 17:21

I know a lady that has made beautiful scrapbook pages using photos from magazines as the "decorations" for the photos.
If you have ever gotten catalogs from any plant nurseries company, you know that they take beautiful pictures of their plants for sale.
I work for the state and the budget is tight. I asked this lady to create a scrapbook. She takes the photos of the ladies and garnishes them with pictures of flowers. She glues the pictures around the photos to create frames. Sometimes, she just puts a "pile" at the bottom of the photo. She gets the pictures from the various gardening magizines that I bring her.

If the picture is big enough, she will put a cropped photo on top so that it appears that the person in the photo is in the picture, usually of a garden.

I have expanded this idea in my scrapbook by adding pictures of flowers, roses for example, in empty spots on a page of a family member. If I know what their favorite flower is, I will use those flowers.

I'm not sure I can post pictures of her pages because the ladies in the pictures can't be published. I will try to scan them and block out the faces.

I hope you can understand these directions because the pages are just beautiful and plant catalogs can be ordered via the internet free of charge.

I really like using water garden photos, as water lilies and lotus are very colorful and I have three water gardens of my own.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pics from mags

I hope you can post a page. I'd love to see what it looks like.

o
RE: pics from mags

Sounds great!
Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here