Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Page protectors?

Posted by barb_from_pa (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 25, 06 at 16:58

I pulled this out of my "question" thread to see if we would get any more responses. Thanks.

Posted by: barb_from_pa (My Page) on Fri, Mar 24, 06 at 17:09
" Have any of you done any scrapbooking without page protectors?"

Posted by: soggy6_2006 (My Page) on Fri, Mar 24, 06 at 22:37

"This is a tough question for me to answer. I have always been a firm believer in page protectors, and especially side loading. Lately, however, I have been using embellishments and memorabilia that will make it difficult to use pg. protectors. I have not figured out what I'm going to do with these pages. I really like my books to be accessable to whoever wants to look at them, and I get uneasy with little hands touching the unprotected pages.
Not much of an answer I realize. . .I'll be interested to hear what others have to say!
Janna"

Anyone else???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Page protectors?

Something I might look into is I will check my stamp collecting catalogs. They have clear page protectors for my stamp albums and I am going to measure and check to see if they would also fix the scrapbooks. They are acid free also.

o

I use page protectors and have a lot of hidden journalling. There are ways by cutting slits in the page protectors to make my journalling accessable if I want others to read it.

o

I almost always use page protectors. They DO protect the photos and journaling from fingerprints and decay over the years. As for lumpy embellishments and journaling tags, I cut a slit in the page protector so you can get to it, if needed. Also, you can get page protectors in large quantities for the best prices at places like Office Max or Staples. Just make sure they are Acid Free!
Sue

o

I use page protectors too. My kids are still small and love to look at their books. If I didn't use page protectors, their ooks would already be destroyed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here