Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chinese or Adoption related papers, etc.???

Posted by pinkcarnation (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 07 at 15:24

I have never done any scrapbooking, but I would like to start collecting albums, papers, embellishments, etc. for my daughter,who is adopting a baby girl from China. Are there any places selling these things in a Chinese theme? I found some papers in the U.K. but I would prefer to order from the U. S. or Canada. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chinese or Adoption related papers, etc.???

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!

They definitely make them.

Die Cuts with a View makes a line of "Far East" products that would reflect her heritage.

Karen Foster has an adoption collection. Carolee's Creations has a set of accents.

And E-Cuts makes print your own supplies with an Asian theme (I've never tried that)

That is what I was able to find at scrapbooks.com

Google also turned up a bunch of small shops that I would hesitate to recommend without prior experience (although they had many cute products and papers). You might try ebay though - small business owners are likely to sell there and you're a bit more protected.

And possibly getting a bit "out there" - decorative paper cutting is a traditional Chinese artform that would probably translate beautifully to scrapping. A couple of library books, some pretty paper and an exacto knife would keep you busy and frustrated until she comes home :)

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

o

Thanks craftfetish! I was able to find several things thanks to all your wonderful suggestions. That is the good news......the bad news is I think I am going to be hooked on scrapbooking! I went nuts on ebay and bid on a bunch of stuff, not Chinese themed either! LOL Thanks also for your good wishes on the adoption. We can't wait until she is home with us!! I love your blog too!!

o

I'm glad it was helpful!

(I know how you're feeling. I'm waiting to be an aunt and am itching to buy supplies for an adoption day page)

-Sarah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here