Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oval Cutter Help

Posted by gagma (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 10, 04 at 13:29

I have a fiskar cutter that won't stay locked.
I start the cut and then it keeps getting smaller in size.
Any tricks to keeping this fixed or do I need a new one?
I use a cutting board, maybe I need their templates instead?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oval Cutter Help

gagama: I had a fiskars circle cutter and could never get it to work right. I just returned it to Target. I really like the cutting system from CM (Cre@tive Memories). Easy to use and never a mistake. I am going to try others though to use with shape sizes that CM doesn't have. I have seen Colozzule (?sp) which has about 5 sizes for each shape and that would be great when matting pictures with several different colors. Good Luck

o

Are you talking about the round one with the "spring" in the middle, where you lower the blade as needed? I used one that belonged to a friend of mine and didn't care for it. It's the one that follows a cutting template and works kind of like a Spyrograph (remember those?!) I was pretty disappointed. I've been looking for something that can cut ovals and circles cleanly. Any other suggestions? I"ll look up the CM cutter you mentioned.

o

I second the CM cutting system...it's GREAT!!!!!!!! Nothing beats it, and it's so easy.

o

How much do these cost? I'm really hesitant about going through a representative - it reminds me of other unnamed popular consultant-based organizations and you inevitably get talked into buying more! Can I find something simliar more cheaply, without having to order it?

o

Thank you for all the info. I purchased the Creative Memories Cutting System with oval today. I haven't used it but I'll start in this weekend. I found a consultant on the Creative Memories website for my area. Very nice woman and helpful. The cost was $38.00 plus tax. She left me a catalog for other interests I might have. She asked if I was interested in classes, etc. and at this time I'm not. She was fine with that. Good experience. Can't wait to try my new tools.

o

Check out eBay Phyllis...there are alot of them listed on there, and sometimes you can get them cheaper than through a rep.

o

$38 isn't bad, especially if the product does what it says it does! I was expecting it to be outrageous or something. I suppose I could justify that to myself since I"ve been driving all over the place looking for something similar and not quite finding what I wanted. I looked on Ebay but I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, I will try again. Thanks!

o

Phyllis I like the CM products for the fancy shapes too.

o

Here is another plug for the CM cutting system. I love them! If you check out other popular scrapping sites, CM circle/oval cutters get rave reviews. I had no luck w/ the Fiskars Oval cutter either.

If you have all 3 CM blades (red, blue, green) you should be able to mat your pics easily. Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here