Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are diecuts?

Posted by sapphires (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 9, 04 at 10:52

Okay, don't laugh now, I am new to scrapbooking. I have never made one and have been elected to make one for someones 50th birthday. Although I am honored I am very nervous about this. What are diecuts? Have no idea where to start. Someone else is compiling the pics, but then it's up to me. I was elected because they say I am creative. Yes, it's a compliment yet I feel pressure on me to make it perfect. I need to get this done by 3rd week of April. Can it be done? Any advice, tips are welcome. Should I get the 8 1/2 x 11 or go larger. Should every page be in a plastic cover? What do you do with the outside cover of the book? Oh please help..I am on my knees. Thanks.
Sapphires

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are diecuts?

GO to ebay and do a search on scrapbook die cuts. There are a ton of varieties of die cuts. They are cut outs of paper in various shapes. A traditional die cut is made from a solid color paper, not printed. As scrapbooking has evolved over the years, die cuts are now printed in various patterns, designs, themes, etc. The possibilities are endless.

As far as what size...I prefer a 12x12 album, although you may want to go with 8.5x11 depending on how many pics you have. I personally think 12x12 is easier to work with though; you can get more on a page.

Every page should be in a plastic cover. As far as the outside cover of the album is concerned, I leave mine alone. You can buy solid color albums or themed albums. I never decorate the outside of my albums.

As far as time is concerned, having an album done by the 3rd week of April is do-able, although, since you're new to scrapbooking and really dont know where to start, you may need to get going on it now. It could take you some time to get those creative juices flowing.

My advice would be to get the pictures as soon as possible and try to build your pages around that. Just take the pics into a scrapbook store and buy supplies around that. I love scrapbooking, you're welcome to email me if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.

o

Go to a craft store and buy an idea book on beginning scrapbooking, this will be a big help. Michael's has alot of them. I would also be happy to help. I just started in October, so I know what you are going through and I am not even creative. Stickers are also great for the pages as well as rubber stamps. Don't forget to journal on each page. Good Luck

o

Try to keep the something on each page the same throughout to give your book a more uniform look. Whether it is having the background pages the same colour, or having the same type of embellishments on each page. If you don't do it throughout the whole album try and have the two pages when opened match.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here