Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question??

Posted by barb_from_pa (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 18, 06 at 9:41

I teach preschool and have about 18 years worth of class group pictures for three different classes all stuck in a big envelope. I thought I might put them all in a scrapbook for easier access. My question is this - Is it okay if I make the key for each picture by printing the names on my computer and putting them in the book, or is there a reason I shouldn't? (I wouldn't want the printing to bleed off onto the page covers.) I'm not overly concerned about archival quality, since once I'm dead, no one will probably care about it anyway :).
Thanks for you help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question????

never mind!

o
RE: Question??

Barb,

I think as long as your books are not stored in extreme conditions, the ink wouldn't bleed. It's too bad there's not more activity here, I'm sure there are alot of very informed scrappers who could answer your question.

I think you should still be concerned about the archival quality, you never know who will be interested in those pictures years from now!

Janna

o

you should be all set -

o

I don't use printer ink for thinks that I want to be permanent. It seems to fade after a while. That may just be the quality of the ink in my printer.

I use the computer for printing out templates or themes that I want and then color them in. For instance, my brothers loved the Dukes of Hazzard show when it was popular 25 years ago. AT the time I was working on the page, there would hve been no DOH embellishments available. I found some coloring pages and modified that to work on my page by resizing, coloring with scrapbook pens, etc. My page doesn't depend upon the computer ink to last. The ink is buffered from the pictures because it was on scrapbook paper.

o

Once the ink is completely dry it should be a problem. Sounds like a very nice album.
Sue

o

Have any of you done any scrapbooking without page protectors?

o

This is a tough question for me to answer. I have always been a firm believer in page protectors, and especially side loading. Lately, however, I have been using embellishments and memorabilia that will make it difficult to use pg. protectors. I have not figured out what I'm going to do with these pages. I really like my books to be accessable to whoever wants to look at them, and I get uneasy with little hands touching the unprotected pages.

Not much of an answer I realize. . .I'll be interested to hear what others have to say!

Janna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here