Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you have this problem w/ your xyron?

Posted by syak (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 03 at 3:16

Hi,
I have the smaller sticker xyron that I really love. The 500. My problem is when I run something through the machine a small film of glue spreads on top too. Just on the side that goes in first and it is only a small amount but It is enough to get something stuck to it or for it to look dirty. I use a gum eraser to get it off but it is a pain.
Do you have this problem? What would you suggest?

Thanks for your help.

Sandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you have this problem w/ your xyron?

Hi Sandy,

I don't have a xyron, but use large laminators at work and if left on too long they get a yucky oily "ooze" that gets on the items being laminated. I run a piece of scrap paper thru first to soak up the ooze.

If the glue is only on the first item you run thru then a small strip of paper run thru first should take care of it.
If it is on every item, maybe it is set too hot?? (Do xyron use heat?)

HTH

Jill

o

Thanks for your help Jill but no the xyron does not use heat and it happens to each item I put through. It is just on the one side though. I guess I will keep using the eraser. It is a pain but it is better that having the glue there.

Thanks Sandy

o

how about talcum powder on that edge. it will keep the glue from sticking to just where you put the powder.

o

That is a good idea. I will try that.

Thanks Sandy

o

I think I would contact the manufacturer of the equipment and ask them about it. Also, ask the store manager of the place where you purchased it if they had other complaints?
I know this is being posted very late in the day but I just found this forum....LOL Hopefully you have solved your problem by now.

o

I've heard this particular model is troublesome. It apparently gets gunked up repeatedly and causes problems. Someone mentioned the newer model, like 510? works better. I don't have one but have wanted to try one. I think I read the review on Joann Fabric's website - if you look up the product it will show user comments.

o

I recently bought a 500 model. I have only used it once to test it out, but it worked fine. Maybe the cartridge was bad and thus the reason for the glue residue? I hope it isn't a problem with model. I purchased mine at JoAnn's for $39.00 on clearance. It also came with 2 adhesives - one permanent and one removeable, a cutter and a glue eraser. I priced them out at other stores and on the web and this was a great deal with all the extras. I checked and they didn't seem to be discontinuing this model, just this specially packaged one. I will be taking it on my crop weekend in April, so if I have any problems, I will be sure and post.

o

I just bought the small one today, and noticed that even it has a warranty of one year. I saw it on the little insert that comes with the product (not sure if they all do) but it said that if something is defective they will replace it. I thought that was pretty impressive considering I only paid $10 (then half off) for it.

o

I only have the little one....the 150 and haven't had problems with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here