Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to start a scrapbooking class

Posted by missy11 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 14:57

I just starting scrapbooking and I just love it. I have learned alot and I know I will be learning more as I proceed. I have a lot of friends that want to get together and crop. They either have not every scrapbook or do a little of it. I live in a small little town. We have to travel to get supplies for scrapbooking. I don't know enough to be able to teach the class. I recently went with a friend to a scrapbooking party. I was very disappointed in the party. I traveled an hour to go to this and it was not fun, not informative not interesting at all. I want to be able to provide all the supplies and paper so that no ones has to travel to go get the supplies. There will have to be a charge for the class to pay for the supplies. Anyway, my question is how do I go about getting it together or do you think it will work out. I have a few friend that do wonderful work on their scrapbooks. They have offered to give some advise to the classes. What supplies would be needed? Would I serve snacks and drinks or let them bring their own? How long should the class be? How ofter should we meet? And the questions go on and on. I their is anyone that has done this before and could give my some advise. I would really love to hear it.

Missy11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to start a scrapbooking class

When I went to the beginning class they went over the basic tools needed. We were asked to bring a few pictures we would like to work on and learn. We then were shown how to crop, make oh shoot I can't think what it's called right now but it like the frame around the picture to put on the page. We were told to journel. Just basic stuff. You do know that when doing scrapbooking anything go, so it's just what you think looks good.

Nancy

o

It's matting, that's what it's called. I have a basic scrapbooking book. I can give you some ideas out of there if you'd like

Nancy

o

I went to a new friends house tonight and scrapbook with her. I did not do anything on my page but I was a huge help with her three she did tonight. She said that I thought her a lot tonight. She has been doing this a lot longer then I have but I knew alot more then she did. I think watching all those craft shows have retained in my memory. :) I had soooooo much fun. She wants to meet once a week to do more.

Anyway keep the ideas coming. They are GREAT!

Missy

o

I've taken a couple of classes and attended a lot of crops with other scrapbookers. Why not get your group together to talk about what each person wants to learn? If most of them want to learn the basic's, as I suspect, then go ahead and plan to teach them about the tools they'll need, organization tips, and making a simple page or two. You can find a lot of info on line, as well as finding several good books to help you get started. As for supplies, look online and have them sent to you.

Good luck and enjoy!
Sue

o

On the first class I wanted to take pictures of the group, each person with their guest and so on. I would then print out the pictures for each person. Then together we could create a page or pages. This would allow me to give them the basic and they wouldn't have to ruin their own picture for their first try at this. What do you think? Would that be fun?

Missy

o

I think that sounds very fair Missy. Enjoy!
Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here