o
ISO: hand embroidery on paper......... patterns

Posted by deb_from_pa (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 08 at 10:14

I want to try my hand at embroidering an image on a paper card
Does anyone have any cool links.I did find a couple, but not what I want
and i don't know what I really want till I see it
THANKS
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=174829726

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ISO: hand embroidery on paper......... patterns

I think that you can embroider almost anything on a card - you just need to be mindful of the stress you put on the paper (or cardstock would probably be better).

Do you have fabric embroidery experience? I'd think you could take almost any clip art and use it as a pattern for your stitches.

If you haven't already, take a look at Sublime Stitching for some neat pattern ideas. Or browse around on etsy to see what some other paper artists have come up with (more inspiration than patterns in this case).

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

o
RE: ISO: hand embroidery on paper......... patterns

This is a good site. Quite a few come up if you search
" Paper Embroidery"

I did some a while back and really enjoyed it. However it is consideraly different than doing emboidery on cloth.

I rarely ever look at this site but hope you do try it, and I'm sure you will have fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: paper embroidery

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here