Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trading?

Posted by swamp_thing (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 06 at 10:12

Hello got a question I started into scrapbooking but did not knew that it would cost more then what I can afford but love doing scrapbooking but I was thinking maybe we can get together and maybe exchange some supplies?Or maybe pay some for use supplies?What do you think? Am I making any sense here?Swamp thing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trading?

Swamp thing,
Sounds like a neat idea. I have not really done a scrapbook page just yet, so I can't be considered an actual scrapbooker yet, but have collected lots of odds & ends in a box, for whenever I get the time. I think the idea of a possible trade/exchange thing would be nice. Any others out there interested?
Emma in PA

o

I have some punches I'd like to trade for something else but I don't know how we would do this. Anyone have any ideas?

o

Hello and I'm new too but are there any ones out there that could tell us how we can get started?Thank you for the information but since I do not know how to begin trading or exchaging I sure can use some help here ,or we could trade for seeds,or plants or whatever?

o

What you could do is post what you have to trade and post what you would like to receive.

Example..I have a square punch to trade, will trade for a heart shaped stamp.

o

There will have to be alot of trust involved. Suppose I send someone something in a trade and they don't send me anything back?

o

I never thought of that but that could happen and I know I sure would be upset since the whole idea is to be able to get something different to try without spending a lot of money! I just thought of something else the cost of mailing the things out should not be to much?

o

Yup, trust is a big thing.

o

I did a lot of trading a couple of years ago on the seed exchange, and for those who aren't familiar with how it works, hop on over and check it out. I think they still have their standard rules to go by. Trust is a big thing, and somebody getting shorted on their end of a trade is bound to happen unfortunately. But I am willing to take a chance. Maybe start with less expensive items first, like layout ideas or dollar store merchandise. Unsure if selling things would be allowed, but trading for other stuff or postage I think would be the way to go. Just a thought. Any other opinions?
Emma in PA

o

This is not about trading. It's about reasonably priced supplies. I've been scrapping for quite a few years and things can really start adding up. Do you have a "Dollar Tree" near you? I have discovered that they have a scrapbook section. There are scrapbook kits containing 5 or 6 co-ordinated sheets of paper(most with themes like baby, Christmas,Winter, playtime, etc.) for only $1. They also have large sheets of stickers that match the paper, also for $1.

o

Scrapbooking is closely related to cards. It is so easy to make cards with supplies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here