Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sorta scrapbook question

Posted by carol_ann (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 24, 07 at 9:46

I want to create a book for a friend's birthday using nature and other quotes that I've collected that I know she would like, and also use nature photos I've taken.

I don't want to print things out and then fasten them into a book -- I'd like to print directly on the paper pages and then assemble the pages to create a book.

Can you recommend a paper that will print well for photos and text? I don't want to use regular photo paper; it's too heavy; same with most photo-grade cardstocks I've looked at -- they're too heavy. But it needs to be substantial enough that the ink won't bleed through to the other side.

Can you help? Many thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sorta scrapbook question

What about one of the wesbites where you upload your pictures and text and then they print and bind the book for you? I think different sites allow different amounts of customization - you may do best with one that is specifically marketed to scrapbookers since I suspect you already have your layout and design in mind.

But the ones I have seen have all had great image quality.

As to your original question, take a look at regular papers designed for color printing with the type of printer you are using (inkjet vs. laser). 24lb would be your basic copy paper weight. Most cardstocks are 110lb. 65lb may be a happy medium that would have a bit of structure without feeling like a turning pages in a toddler's board book.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here