Return to the Scrapbooks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Want to start scrapbooking - help?!!!

Posted by msnikki (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 4, 02 at 9:36

Hi All,

I am the family collector. I have all pictures, documents and stuff that means nothing to no one but me. LOL I have always kept memory books & boxes and I plan to do a shadow box display for my son's (7 yrs old :-) football memoirs from his first season, but I want to start putting some of this stuff in scrapbooks. I have purchased a few scrapbooks, binders and the little corner mounters but I would like to know what are the other general supplies I need to keep in stock.

My first major scrapbook will be for my mom on mother's day. I am getting my sisters, son & nieces to write her letters to include in a section that will be dedicated from each of us. Any other suggestion on what I should include?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Want to start scrapbooking - help?!!!

gosh there is sooo much stuff out there now when i started doing scrapbooks the right way there was very little out there and it was hard to find. but now everywhere has it. i would start with the basics ~ cardstocks and papers (acid free of course), photo stickers or mounting corners ( i personally dont like mounting corners), some pocket pages so that some of the papers can be removed and looked at, a black acid free pen, there are some beautiful hertiage stickers available.

o

I have two CM (those dreaded unmentionable words!) scrapbooks (one little, one big) that I was given to make a scrapbook from my wedding. They have been sitting here for six months. Any ideas? I have some but haven't had the motivation to sit down and do it. I also have proofs from the wedding (some I ordered enlargements of) so I could put those in the book. any suggestions about this before I cut my proofs up to fit the book? I have a whole stack of stuff and two bags worth, not sure what to do with.

The last time I made a scrapbook was when I was like 7 years old. I still have it!

o

I would suggest that everyone try to find a scrapbooking group in your area. I'm a visual person, and it helps me to see what everyone else is doing. It's nice to see that you aren't the only one out there with the hobby and provides some motivation for getting stuff done.

We have a local store that offers a crop night each week and various classes throughout the year. Last night was my second time there. If you need ides or get stuck on something, you always have someone to ask for advice. The people who run the crop are helpful also. They often have ideas on things like cleaning up messes on a page, useful coverups, and they know the best places to look for ideas.

In addition to this crop night, I'm starting to get together with friends to scrapbook also. It's nice to be able to set aside time to scrapbook without the kids and have a little adult time.

o

There are a lot of sites out there that have collections of pages done by other scrappers. GracefulBee is a great place and the samples are classified into lots of different subject matters. Look there to get some ideas for your own pages.

Here is a link that might be useful: Graceful Bee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Scrapbooks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here