Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Naive about Ed. Leadership

Posted by RetiredCoachinGA (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 21:50

I believe communities trust that the best interests of our children's education and issues for improvement, are being adequately attended to by politicians, board members and day to day school leadership. These people or bodies make money and have their names attached to buildings and ideas (Bush, NCLB and Obama, RTTT) but are leading you into a false sense of security - most, nearly all - are way off the mark. Education will not deeply improve (apposed to temporary and superficial) until the real issues that cripple it are put into play by real educators.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Naive about Ed. Leadership

Why would you think parents are trusting the politicians and schools? My dd is in her 30's. As far back as then, I and most of the other parents I knew supervised our children's education and, ourselves, provided auxilliary experiences and classes to supplement what the school was providing. No good parent simply sends their child to school and assumes they will be properly educated in EVERY field (especially things like ethics, social niceties, the arts, geography, life skills, etc). Schools don't have the time to completely educate our children. No one teacher has the expertise needed to teach EVERY subject a child needs to learn.

IMO--education will not improve until all parents accept the responsibility for their own children's complete and adequate education.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here