SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sameboat

Homeschooling inquiry

sameboat
16 years ago

There are boys in my neighborhood who used to attended a private school in another town. Last year they attend the private school some of the time and some of the time they went to the public school. Now they don't appear to go to school at all (ages 8 and 11). I believe that they are being home schooled, but due to specific reasons (I won't get into here) I don't believe the at-home parent is qualified or capable. And if the school board were to visit the home I am certain they would not be allowed to home school the children. It is a filthy environment and the children do not have guests other than very close family. I also heard through the grapevine that they never formally withdrew from the private school. Not to be a nosy neighbor but I think the children could very well be emotionally abused and cannot believe that the superintendent would allow this person to home-school the children. They appear to be slaved away doing yard work day and night. Yes, night. What are the criteria for runing an at-home school, and is it that easy that you stop bringing your children to school and nobody notices?

Comments (2)

Sponsored