SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirldeb2

Upset kindergardener

FlowergirlDeb2
21 years ago

Hi everyone! Today my 5 year old came home upset, very upset because he was near tears when he got off of the bus! He always comes home from school happy as can be, so I was very concerned what made him so sad.

I guess he was running down the hall so he wouldn't miss his bus home, and a teacher grabbed his jacket as he was running, making his shirt of course "choke" him around his neck. He said that she didn't tell him not to run, she just held him tight and yelled at him. Well, we went through my older son's yearbook so that I could hopefully find a photo of the teacher who did this, and my son found her, and when I saw who it was I was NOT surprised. Two questions here. First, as a parent I know that I need to do something because this woman truly upset my child. Should I write a note to the principal, or go in person and explain what my son told me? Second, I was working at the school last week as a substitute, and had the opportunity to be in the same room with this "grabby" teacher, and I was really upset myself at how she was treating the PRESCHOOLERS in the class! I had never met her before, though I had seen her each time I go to the school. She was stand-off-ish, too snippy with the children, and when I inquired what she was evaluating on the 3 year olds, she glared at me and never answered. She seems bitter and mean, not someone you would think should work with little kids. Because I had a bad experience with her myself, should I include that as well?? Thnaks!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm