Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Send your name to Mars

Posted by Stephanie_in_TN (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 02 at 0:36

You can put your name on the next mission to Mars. Came across this while DS and I were exploring nasa.org this evening (a really cool way to completely lose track of time!).

NASA is planning a Mars Exploration mission in 2003, with twin rovers to explore the surface.

On those rovers, they are sending a DVD with millions of names. It's a novelty, but you can put your name, or child's name, heck the whole family's names on that DVD - be a small part of the mission to Mars.

When you sign up to do this (and IT'S FREE!!!) you can even print a certificate with the name and a certification number, NASA signature and stamp.. and everything.

Did I mention, IT'S FREE! But the deadline is November 15, 2002.

Thought the all the parents and teachers here would have a use for this information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Send your name to Mars

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Send your name to Mars

Hi stephanie,I took a look at nasa,and entered my name.when i tried to print the certificate my computer went blank.Did you print one, and how did you do it?

o
RE: Send your name to Mars

Me again..never mind the last follow up, Iwas able to print our certificates.Thank you , this is really great and the kids thought it was so cool.I am going to frame all certificates. Thank you again

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here