Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Turning a problem into an opportunity

Posted by Arkansasgardenboy (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 4, 02 at 14:19

How do we look at things in life? Do you see a glass half full or half empty? Do we fuss and fume when we know we can not change the outcome? How do we adjust? Do we adjust and rejoice as in the example in the link...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~meyerk/zig.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Turning a problem into an opportunity

AKgardenboy, good advice. When I was younger I was a fusser & fumer. Then I had kids, and soooo much is out of our control - it taught me patience!

o

I honestly think that I have gotten WAY better at relaxing when things don't quite go as I planned or when a wrench is thrown into the picture! BUT, that cannot be said of everyone obviously, in our society poeple are always in a hurry and tend to forget any manners, let alone opportunities to just accept and consider the time they have been given as a gift.

o

You fill the glass up halfway... It's half full. You have a full glass and drink it down halfway. It's now half empty. That's the way I see it. You can either take away from your life or add to it. It's all in your control.

Charles

o

Another thing I have learned thru the years:

Life is not all in our control. How we handle what gets thrown at us is, though.

o

Well, I'm talking about choice, and yes, the way you handle it is in your control.

Charles

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here