SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momme_gw

Problems with th Institute of Reading Development

momme
13 years ago

Problems with Institute of Reading Development Program?

I enrolled my son in the Institute of Reading Development Program. I've received flyers from them for several years now. Every time I called, I was subjected to "hard sell" tactics,but this year I finally decided to sign my son up. Unfortunately in my case, I am out $300 because the program is a waste of time for my son.

The issue I have with the program is that is NOT geared toward as wide a range of students like they infer. My son is in the gifted program and has a high verbal IQ. I repeatedly asked if a program like this would benefit him. Of course, I was told yes and how it would increase his comprehension and reading speed. Well, to increase their reading speed they tell the kids to use there fingers to follow the words. My son is bored and has not learned anything he didn't already know.

The problem now is that a customer service/supervisor will not call me back. I am going to give them a few more days and then I am considering filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with this company? I did a search on the web and found others had complaints too. They also had complaints filed against them with the BBB. I don't expect my money back but I do expect, what I consider, truth in advertising.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County