SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawn_man

False signs

lawn_man
21 years ago

My 2 1/2 year old is delayed in speach and we have him in early intervention as well as a private speach therapist. She claims he is moving along great and he points to things when asked and sleeps fine, has a great attention span and is easily taken out of a routine, great eye contact. He doesn't drink out of a sippie cup yet but we are working on that. He will go and get a toy I ask for or show a picture to him of a toy and he runs and grabs it and has no problem with letting people hold him. The problem is one family member keeps insisting something is wrong since he playes by himself if no one is playing with him and sometimes seams like he is in his own world but he easily snaps out of it. Our Pediatrion as well as our speach therapist doen't see a need for a Nuero exam, or at least not yet but after seeing ABC do a special on autisam I don't know what to believe. With the doctor and speach therapist saying really its a language delay and we are doing all we can and that he is makeing progress I feal good but when that certain family member keeps saying something is wrong I do get a paranoid fealing. I have heard from the doctor that at that age a test may come up with a false positive so we would be better off waiting a little more, at least until he is 3. What should I do ?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH