Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When does your school start?

Posted by Momma_Bird_OH (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 02 at 9:48

School starts for my kids on August 29. I'm curious - when do your kids start back this Fall? Here in my community, each district has a different date, with some schools starting as early as the 14th.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When does your school start?

Here in NE Arkansas, many of the schools start this coming Monday, Aug. 19.

o

I've got two this year, 4th and K. They start this coming Monday, the 19th.

Some of the neighboring counties here in middle TN started this week. We also have some schools in our district on a year round schedule (they call it "non-traditional"), they started the last week of July.

o

I am in NW Washington and my kids don't start until September 5--and they didn't finish school until June 19! We have fabulous weather in August though, so I am glad they have the whole month off.

o

Well, I start this Mon. August 19th! My kids don't start until September this year! :)

o

I start September 30th. Kids in Washington (hi sadiesmom!) always start the day after labor day. I don't understand why the west coast always starts and ends later than the east coast.

o

We start (Broward County FL) August 26. Some of the neighboring counties start on Monday.

Mommabear

o

Today at 8: something.

o

We started on Friday, Aug. 16th.

o

Monday, August 19.

o

This year there is a new state law in Wisconsin that requires the first day of school to be after Labor Day so that the high school kids can remain employed in the tourism industry through the holiday weekend!

o

My daughter is on year round and she started 1st grade in July.She only had the weekend as break in between kindergarden and the 1st grade.
Actually Friday August 23 was her last day.Now today is her 1st day on vacation until the end of October.

o

Our kids start on the 3rd of September, right after Labor day. They usually get out around the 2nd or 3rd week in June. Of course that depends on how many snow days we have. I think the children have to go 178 days of school here in our town. NancyLouise

o

Tomorrow, Sept 5. Next year we are starting a week earlier.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here