SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirldeb2

I'm going to the Board Metting.........

FlowergirlDeb2
21 years ago

First of all, I have SOME time before this meeting is scheduled, but I'm already a nervous wreck!!:)

At my son's elementary school the landscaping has always been, well, yucky. I notice these things because I am a gardener, and a butterfly freak, so I pay attention to plants, flowers, etc.

ANYWAY, the school is in the process of completing a BIG remodeling job that has lasted almost a year. I have an idea that I found out today at registration has to go through the Board, not the PTA. I want to start a butterfly garden/habitat on the grounds, planting native prairie weeds and plants, and of course adding some perrinals and annuals too. I have some information about nature habitats and butterfly gardens from organizations that support this type of thing. However, I'm completely new at actually PRESENTING my ideas to people, and how to go about getting other parents to support me! Any suggestions would be grately appreciated, and ANY links to school yard habitats and butterfly gardening at schools too! :) Thanks everyone!

Comments (7)

Sponsored