Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Compact Fridge recomendation needed

Posted by compumom (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 07 at 17:13

I'm going to post this on a few forums to see if I get any response, the last time I asked only on appliances and got no where!

I am looking for a small fridge with a freezer compartment to put upstairs in the master suite for meds, ice packs and beverages. Do you or anyone you know have one? If so which brand--Avanti, Danby or Haier? I'm not looking for a Uline or something in that price range, preferably something where the fridge defrosts automatically. It won't see much use, but I don't want something that will break down in a year, or even worse, leak!
None of these brands is available in Los Angeles, I have to order it online, sight unseen and without many reviews.
Can you advise?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Compact Fridge recomendation needed

I would recommend the cube fridge we have, unfortunately it is a Montgomery Wards brand. We have had it for over 24 years and it still works great. It cost $50 when his parents bought it for his dorm room. Once a year we carry it out to the backyard to defrost. Don't discount the less expensive models, they can be real workhorses. This little cube fridge has lasted longer than any full size fridge I have ever owned.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here