Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cheap uniform tops? More expensive? What to do?

Posted by homersgarden (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 07 at 14:14

My son starts Kindergarten this year and will be wearing white tops for his uniform. My question is do I go with more expensive tops that have stain resistant stuff (Gapshield at $15 a top) or a cheaper brand (Target at $5). What would you suggest? Experience?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cheap uniform tops? More expensive? What to do?

I'd go with the cheaper shirts. If you have dirt and stains, scrub with a Fels Naptha bar or give a good soak in Biz or Oxyclean. Moms have been doing this for years without paying 3X the price for shirts.

o

the more expensive kind will last longer

o

It may last longer, but kids grow too fast. I go with Socks12345....cheaper shirts and a Fels Naptha bar (usually found on the TOP shelf in the laundry aisle of WalMart or the grocery store....and mine lasted for a long time!)

DonnaR/CA

o

If you line dry and wash on a gentle cycle, even inexpensive uniform tops will last longer. Buy 100% cotton, poly blends pill and stain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here