Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Online source to check correct grammar?

Posted by ginnyginny (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 27, 06 at 12:48

This sentence sounds wrong to me. I'd like to know if it is indeed incorrect grammar. "Please phone me back." I think it should be "please call me back."

Does anyone know of an online source to check grammar? Microsoft Word doesn't indicate it is wrong.

Thanks,
Ginny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Online source to check correct grammar?

There seems to be several. I don't have time to look them over.

I know it's too late But what about "Please return my phone call."

Here is a link that might be useful: Online grammar checkers.

o
RE: Online source to check correct grammar?

I read the novel until chapter 9 and Im looking forward to finishing it because its really nice. The passage I have chosen is about something happened to Mma Ramotswe in the early hours of the morning. It comes from chapter 8, "A Conversation with J. L. B. Matekoni ", page 91, "In the early hours of the morning" to "the cooker winked on and off at her 3:04; 3:04". I chose this passage because Im a person who likes to read thrill stories. Furthermore, I found it interesting and full of suspense. Besides the reason of choosing it, the most thing I like about this passage that it makes you use your imagination while reading those few lines. Also, the passage shows the relation between the case of the missing child and between Mma Ramotswes fear which made her imagine that someone was calling her name and that shows how much she was scared and worried about the case of the missing child besides the witchcraft story. In addition, I liked the way that the passage makes us wonder whether she was dreaming or not. I think that imagining things didnt really happen is a normal thing if you were afraid and worried about important things. Finally, thank God that I havent been in such a situation, but I had a nightmare that was similar to the passage I have chosen in a different way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here