Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spanish/Math Educational Software for summer learning?

Posted by TiaMaria (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 05 at 17:24

I have need of educational software programs to help my two children ages 16 and 10.

Does anyone know of any successful programs for Spanish and Algebra I,II?

My older child just finished Spanish I and I would like to keep him working with the language so Spanish II is not so difficult for him next year. He has a learning disability and I've been told that next years Spanish goes very quickly. I want him to be ready in September.

Thanks,
TM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spanish/Math Educational Software for summer learning?

I think you can find such programs at any good, large bookstore. I think the Cliffnote people do a series and perhaps the College Board/SAT.

o

Rosetta Stone has a great Spanish program. It's self-directed, so whatever pace he can do will be fine. I used it to learn Spanish quickly for a trip to South America.

I don't remember much about algebra; sorry no help there.

o

There are a few web-based activities that you can have your children access for Algebra that I thought were good. I checked Glencoe's New Jersey page but think that perhaps the California page may be the one to go with. For example, this link

http://www.glencoe.com/sec/math/algebra/algebra1/algebra1_05/brainpops/index.php4/ca

provides little exercises in short movies on each of the concepts. There are links to practice pages, too.

Then,

http://www.glencoe.com/sec/math/algebra/algebra1/algebra1_05/index.php4/ca

kind of gives you the 'whole tamale'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here