SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
downtime64

FAFSA frustration

downtime64
15 years ago

I am just looking for any suggestions to help my daughter. Her father and I are divorced, and are both remarried. She is unable to fill out a FAFSA because her dad refuses to give her the information she needs to fill it out, and my husband feels that if her own dad doesn't have to use his information, then he shouldn't have to!! They just can't seem to understand that it's not going to hurt them any to fill this out. My frustration is with FAFSA because I don't understand why my daughter can't use her information only, as she is the one responsible for paying for college, as I am not financially able to help her, and her dad refuses. She has been trying to apply for loans for the full amount of her college expenses, and is being declined on her own. I have even tried co-signing on a few of her loans, but unfortunately I have not had good credit since my divorce, and her loans are still being declined. I am just wondering if any you have any thoughts as to how I can help my daughter go to college. It just breaks my heart that she is trying so hard to get there, and it is looking like she will not be able to go!!

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone might have for me!

Comments (10)